cPanel's MultiPHP Manager interface allows you to easily manage the PHP and PHP-FPM configurations of your accounts. In this interface, you can manage the PHP version, PHP-FPM setting, or pool option of any virtual host. You can also set a different PHP version, PHP-FPM, or pool options setting for each virtual host.
- The system PHP version refers to version of PHP that functions as the global default for all accounts. Only the system administrator can set the system PHP version. Any primary domain that is set to Inherit uses the system PHP Version. For more information, read our PHP Inheritance documentation.
- PHP FastCGI Process Manager (PHP-FPM) is an alternative PHP module that allows a website to handle strenuous loads on sites. PHP-FPM maintains pools (workers available to respond to PHP requests) to accomplish this. These pools of workers allow the website to handle more requests than it normally could.
List of domains
In EasyApache 4, each domain or virtual host can use any currently-installed PHP version or currently-installed PHP-FPM setting.
The list of domains displays the following information:
- The name of the domain.
- The domain's account name.
- The PHP version that the domain currently uses.
- A PHP-FPM enabled (✓) or disabled (×) indicator.
Parked domains represent aliases for a primary domain. The system does not list parked domains.
Use the Search text box to search for specific domains. You can search by domain name, account name, current PHP version of the domain, or the current PHP-FPM setting of the domain. Results update automatically as you type.
Set a domain's PHP version
To change a domain's PHP version, perform the following steps:
- Select the checkbox for the domain that you wish to change.
Select the desired version of PHP from the PHP Version menu. To always use the system default, select Inherit.
If you set your PHP version to Inherit, the system will not allow you to set PHP-FPM. You must select a PHP version other than Inherit to enable PHP-FPM on a domain.
Click Apply. The system will change the selected domain's PHP version.
The system displays a PHP-FPM enabled (✓) or disabled (×) indicator in the PHP-FPM column for each domain. System administrators can enable or disable PHP-FPM through WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager).
- When you change the PHP version of your domain and FPM is enabled, the system changes your FPM version to match the PHP version. If FPM is not enabled on your domain, the system changes the PHP and FPM versions separately.
- If you enable FPM on a cPanel account's primary domain and then change that domain's name, the system will disable FPM for that new domain. You must reenable FPM on the new domain if you wish to use FPM for the new domain.